Experiencing of the business lounge.
02.06.2010 - 02.07.2010
So, after much drama I'm packed, checked in through security, and am down to only an hour before I board the plane and head off on my adventure. Perhaps my favorite part of the day so far is when the man behind me in line at the airline check-in counter looked at my bags and said "Geez, do you have a toilet in there or something?". (As a side note, I'm hoping the toilet reference was used because he saw my Kohler tags...) ANYway, that should give you all an idea of how my bags looked. Big. And Heavy. Yup - that about sums it up (and yes, I said bags plural).
Since the subheading is "experiencing the business lounge" I feel I should explain what is going on around me here:
1. People leave their bags unattended and walk away... for a long period of time. I find this a little troubling but tempting all the same. I really need some water, but am nervous that I will be the one person who either gets their bags stolen or ends up with an unwanted item in it. Which brings me to point 2:
2. Why don't they have someone walking around the lounge to bring us drinks?
3. No matter what class of lounge, there is always the likelihood that I will end up sitting next to people who are having a silly conversation that I can't help but listen to. Exhibit A: I don't like Loreal lipstick but I really like this shade. Exhibit B: That is a great color of nail polish - is that a hint of pink in it? Exhibit C: It's actually a 2 carat diamond - we were looking at the 1.5 but this one was just so much better. It's a lot of weight but the setting is just, well, just beautiful. (another side note: yes, I admit that I am jealous, but to be fair it's been 10 minutes and they are still discussing the ring). I could go on, but, well, that may make it worse.
4. They have a "buffet" that is comprised of sun chips, kit kats and cheese. Random...
5. I'm not sure, but I think I just saw George Clooney. (OK, just kidding, but that would be a good celebrity sighting...)
And on that note, time to put on my headphones and relax to some of my favorite tunes. I wish you all a good weekend and I'll check in next week from Delhi!